Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Bonjour!


Today Mark, David and I flew in to Paris.  We arrived just before 5:00 pm (local time).  We flew British Airways and the day before we left, their employees walked out on strike.  Fortunately, our flight was not canceled.  That would have been a real damper on our trip.  Mark was able to snag perfect seats for us.  He and David had unfettered leg room.  Our flight left at 7:30 pm from SFO and we were dead tired.  The night before our trip I only got about 3 hours of sleep.  I was busily finishing up David’s collage for grad nite which I had to turn in before I left.  That, coupled with the fact that I was making cinnamon rolls and quiche for my last morning at seminary (hurrah!), made it hard to get sleep time.  But we slept well on the plane even though we were flying coach.

After arriving here in Paris, we checked into an airport hotel, went to the ATM, walked to a Creperie for dinner, and tomorrow the adventure begins!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

This morning the kids asked if you were sleeping and I told them you were probably getting something to eat before going to bed early. Thanks for the dinner suggestion - I think we'll have crepes and pretend they're half as good as what you're eating. So was the flight full? (yay Pappy for starting the trip off right!)

laura said...

Glad you guys made it okay! I am not jealous at all.