Tuesday, August 17, 2010

36

I am very fortunate to have been married to this guy for 36 years.  We thought we were in love then.  And I guess we were in a twenty-something way.  But just as you have no idea how much love you can feel for your children before you have them, you really have no idea how much love you can have for your spouse when you are first married.  It is the accumulation of your experiences together, the joys and the heartaches and struggles that deepen that love.
We are planning on going for another 36 years of wedded bliss.  Then we'll really know all about love.  In the meantime, we'll have a lot of fun.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

hahahaha! Why is that the older I get, the younger you guys look in that picture? You don't even look old enough to go to PROM.

Happy anniversary to the people who taught me what marriage should be.

Anonymous said...

That is a sweet post .. and SUCH a cute picture! I agree with Sarah .. you both look SO young! Love it! Enjoy each other.

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, you look like BABIES!! :) So cute. Happy Anniversary!

Alyson said...

Congrats! I couldn't agree more...young love can't hold a candle to the wiser and deeper love that grows through shared life experiences.
Here's to another 36!

Allison said...

I'm with Sarah--I don't think I ever realized how young you guys looked when you got married!

Happy 6th anniversary of Napali Coast. That still remains one of my best days. And of course happy anniversary--thanks for starting such a kick-a family 36 years ago!

Marylynn said...

You guys still look very young and hope that I could look as young as you do after 36 years of marriage! I need to apologize to you for all those times I came over early in the morning and wanting to play. I'm getting payback.