Thursday, February 10, 2011

my week of winter

I just spent a week in Denver.  It hadn't been that cold there in 26 years.  The day I arrived it was -10, but felt like -24 according to the weather website.  I had never been in weather in the negatives before and I spent most of my time indoors.

When I walked out of the airport and into the awaiting car, it was so cold it was hard to breathe. When it wasn't too cold, it was snowing.  It snowed enough that church was canceled.

Donovan was excited to show me his Indiana Jones outfit:
He was a good help in shoveling the walks.

Sarah, Donovan, Gemma and I met my sister, Cheryl and her daughter, Lisa and baby Aaron for brunch one morning.
 
The food was delicious.  Cheryl got Sticky Buns French Toast which was beautiful AND tasted good.
For Super Bowl Sunday, Sarah made S'mores Pie.  Everything she makes is yummy.
We went sledding.  Well, they went sledding and I took pictures


Gemma actually liked the sledding although it doesn't look like it!
We played a game for family home evening and then the kids had S'mores done with giant marshmallows in the microwave.

Gemma won!




Then I decided that I needed a picture with each of them.  I wanted to be sure that they have a picture with just them and their Grandma.  When I look back through my pictures, I don't have many with just one child and their grandparent.


It was fun to be in Denver because I just love those kids, but it is nice to be back where it is green and sunny!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gemma reminds me of Laura a little bit. Cute kids! Oh, and great idea to take pictures of each kid alone with grandma... I'll have to remember that.

Lisa said...

Haha, Gemma's face in the sledding picture is awesome! And it was so good to see you! Sorry it was so cold :)

Allison said...

I was *just* at the store and saw giant marshmallows and thought, "oooh, I'd love to get them, but why?" Since when do I need a reason for a treat? Those s'mores look delicious. Great pictures, I love your new camera!

laura said...

So fun! I wish I had been there. And you are looking fantastic, if I may say so.

kris nielsen said...

Great pictures! Adorable subjects! You should start a little business as a photographer. I know, when Mark retires, he could be a tour guide and you could take the pictures.

Sarah said...

Yay! We had so much fun with you. Come again - it can only get warmer, right?