Friday, April 22, 2011

a fun change

I always love a home improvement project, even (especially?) when I'm not the one doing the work!

When we first moved to this house, there were about 7 "indents", large niches? (I don't know what they are called), waiting to be filled.  In the upstairs playroom we had a huge entertainment wall unit built.  Some of the niches were filled with Mark's office furniture & the dining room china hutch, which fit quite nicely.  But the family room TV didn't quite fill the space and the desk I was using was cramped and small and made me feel like I was in a cave.  This week that changed.

We went from this:
To this (had to upgrade the TV of course):
And from this (actually it was worse than this because I have an additional screen besides my laptop, so my screen was squished onto the desk and my laptop was on a TV tray off to the side. But I couldn't find any other picture.  Attractive, right?):

To this:


I can't believe how much I love my desk!  I've never really had a desk of my own--I always shared with the kids or just had that cramped small make-do desk.  Of course, that doesn't mean anyone will get any more work out of me....

6 comments:

laura said...

Oooh, fancy! It looks really nice.

Allison said...

Very nice! The TV area looks so clean, and the desk really is quite fancy. It seems a bit sturdier than the TV tray!

Becca said...

Oh my goodness! Another new TV!! What'd you did with the 'old' one? Fun TV hutch!

Alyson said...

I love it! I'll have to get the name of your cabinet guy when we're ready...we have the same issue with a niche in our family room, and I want a built-in wall cabinet in our bonus room at some point. Yours look great - and I love the desk!

Sarah said...

YAAAAAYY!! Funsies for you and Pappy.

Lisa said...

They look so great! We love it.