Friday, October 28, 2011

Rock Star Status

Last week I flew to Denver for 5 days to see some of my grandchildren.  Also my daughter and her husband, of course.  Before I arrived Sarah texted me the following: "...also be prepared to help make hogwarts robes.  And now delete help from previous sentence."  So the first couple of days, in between cuddling and reading with grandchildren, buying them some toys, and watching Ainsleigh swim

 I made these:
That's Ron and Ginny Weasley in case you didn't know!
We had fun at the Butterfly Pavilion where we all got a chance to hold a tarantula (!)

and saw lots of insects and fish as well as butterflies.
Friday, Sarah had arranged for us to have tea at the Brown Palace Hotel in downtown Denver with my sister, Cheryl, her daughter, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter.  The food was delicious: scones, clotted cream, finger sandwiches, and some lovely desserts.
 Cheryl & I
 Delicious food
 Ainsleigh carefully adding MORE sugar
 Gemma demonstrating drinking tea with the pinkie extended
 Sarah, Gemma, Ainsleigh and I
 Cheryl, Gwynneth, Lisa, Sariah

Our surroundings were absolutely gorgeous.

On Saturday, I had a chance to attend Donovan's football game
Donovan takes the hike (love the tongue)
 runs up the field
 and faces the defence

and soccer game. (There's the tongue again!)
The Hills also had the most beautiful tree in their front yard:
It's always fun to go for a visit.  They all think I can do just about anything and make me feel like a rock star!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Come baaaaaaaaack!

laura said...

Hahaha, love the dad-tongue on Dono. And I'm so jealous of the girls' day at the Brown Palace!