Saturday, July 27, 2013

Family Reunion

The kids all came home this summer, overlapping their stays during the week of July 1-7.  Some brought kids, some brought dogs, some brought both, and some enjoyed playing with dogs and kids.

At the end of June, the festivities began when Mark and I met Sarah, Joel, and their kids up at Tahoe as they made the trek from Colorado to California.  Mark and I went up a couple of days before they were to arrive, and I had a chance to take pictures of the 'super moon.'


We continued our unfortunate luck with weather at Tahoe (see June 2011) by having rain for two of the three days we were going to be there.  We made pretty good use of that time to take the kids to see a movie and even did a short hike down to Vikingsholm in the rain.  We had one day of good weather and we packed it all in:  a bike ride to Tahoe City for breakfast (9 miles for Ainsleigh and Dono -- they were champs!):
and a hike up to Eagle Lake with Albus in tow:
There were a few mishaps, but we had a great time:
And the scenery was beautiful:
We returned to the Bay Area and awaited the onslaught of the rest of the fam.  The county fair was going on during this time and had fireworks on the Fridays that the fair was open:
I did a really lousy job of taking pictures while they were here.  I really wanted a picture of all of us together and I totally blew that one.  But I did manage to take some pictures of the kids:
 Ainsleigh
 Dono
 Gemma (actually looking at the camera sort of)
 Annabelle
 Emaline
William

Laura had a chance to pose for me before returning to NYC (that is a whole different story because she was waiting in the airport to board her flight when a plane crashed onto the runway.)
Rebecca and Austin were here for a wedding in May, so I'll throw this picture in that I took of them:
Allison, Dave, and their kids stayed for two more weeks after the week that all of the kids were here.  They come from so far, it's so stinkin' humid where they live, and Dave can work from anywhere, so it was fun to have them for so long.  We really had a chance to bond with William.  He went from just crawling to cruising along the couch to pushing the little wooden chair around and using it like a walker.  The chair has special meaning since it belonged to my mother and many of her grandchildren and great-grandchildren have learned to walk with it.

Because the Whitleys were here longer and it cooled down a bit, we were able to spend some time at a nearby park:



It was really fun to have everyone here.  We had 16 people sleeping at our house along with 2 dogs.  It was crazy!

2 comments:

Morris Thurston said...

Great pictures! Love your moon shots and what a spectacular fireworks shot! I've never been able to get what I consider satisfactory fireworks pictures. And, of course, the kids portraits are precious.

Sometime I may do a post of our Disney Alaska cruise, but I'm too busy right now.

Now I'll tackle the most difficult part of posting comments to your blog--figuring out what those darn letters or numbers are to prove I'm not a robot. Failed it the first time (as usual) so I guess I'm almost a robot.

Dawn Thurston said...

What great pictures, Wanda. I'm very impressed. I especially like the first one, and the one with the foliage silhouetted against the moon. Clever. William is a cutie. He sure looks like an Ostler...at least I think so.