Thursday, May 28, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dave Whitley!

We have two Daves in our family, so sometimes we have to refer to my son-in-law by his complete name. We used to differentiate between the two, calling them Big Dave and Little Dave, but Little Dave grew up, so that no longer works. Big Dave, as noted in Allison's blog, loves to play and can be silly. Hence the above picture. Perhaps not the most flattering picture, but it does illustrate the point. Anyway, he does love a good game and very often wins. He's smart, witty, and fits in great with our family. He's thoughtful and very often, especially when he was living with us, asked me if there was something he could do to help. I really appreciated that. He spent lots of time helping me paint in our last house, getting it ready to sell. He's also a great father, spending lots of time reading to and playing with sweet Emaline. And I also recognize the good relationship he and Allison have. They seem to have a good time together. Talking and not talking. We're glad you're part of the family, Dave W.

2 comments:

PaloAltoCougar said...

It's all true. Unfortunately, Dave stops just short of perfection by reason of his inexplicable devotion to the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Cowboys. But in view of his myriad good qualities, I've come to regard these shortcomings as being similar to Cindy Crawford's mole.

dave said...

Thank you for the words, though I'm sure there's another photo of me somewhere in the files after nine years. My birthday wish is that a pardon or act of clemency be granted to a certain canine for a recent bad night (or two).