Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Happy Birthday, Cheryl!

August 5th is an awesome day. Not only is it my husband's birthday, but it is also the birthday of one of my sisters. Cheryl is on the left
Cheryl is the baby in our family, and next in line after me. Growing up, we were always buddies and loved to giggle together, much to the dismay of our mother. I'm sure we drove our older sisters and brother crazy, too. Cheryl is a beautiful, talented woman. Even though she is four years younger than me, she passed me up in piano by the time she was in second or third grade. I could have been resentful, but I have to say, I was really proud of her abilities. I still am. Recently my daughter told me that after having Aunt Cheryl over for dinner she felt like I had been there because many of Cheryl's mannerisms reminded her of me. It is amazing how you can live apart for 35 years and still retain some of the same characteristics of those you lived with when you were young. I only wish I could have absorbed some of her piano abilities.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

O.K you were really silly, and sometines you annoyed us. Like the time you were spying on me while one of my boyfriends was nerviously trying to kiss me on our doorstep. But most of the time your anticks really made us laugh. MK