Friday, August 7, 2009

Pink or purple?

If you ask a little girl between the ages of 2 and 12 what her favorite color is, I can almost guarantee she will answer either pink or purple. That same little girl will probably swing back and forth between pink and purple depending on the week (or day, or hour). So when I had the opportunity to make a quilt for my granddaughter's big girl bed, I knew what the color scheme had to be. And the theme? All things princess, of course! Here is the result. I made the quilt top and then took it to a woman who has a long arm quilter did such a wonderful job of quilting it. Finish it off with rhinestones and I'm betting Emaline will love it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Its beautiful!! I know she will be so excited when she sees it.

Allison said...

Yaaaaay! I love it! She knows you've been adding the jewels, and she's so excited about that. I love that it's adorable and not too pink!

Lisa said...

That's so cute! You really are great at these types of things.

Alyson said...

Did you embroider each of the main squares? That is so adorably cute! I've resolved that I need to dust off my machine and put it to use...have a few quilting projects I want to tackle when school starts, and I can't wait!