Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Happy Birthday to a fabulous husband

This guy swims through shark infested waters to bring me lemonade. When I married him, I didn't realize how thoughtful, sentimental, and romantic he is. He always remembers anniversaries of things like our first date, when we got engaged, and of course, when we got married! An example is when our oldest daughter was getting married. We had been out for a morning walk/run and after returning home hot and sweaty, we took stock of what yard work needed to been done for the upcoming wedding reception. He asked me if I knew what today was. Uh... (think fast, Wanda, what is the date?) "Oh yeah," I responded, "it's the day you proposed to me twenty five years ago!" Big hug! And as he held me in his arms he whispered, "Would you do it again?" Out of nowhere he produced a new, huge diamond ring. Later for another gift he had my old diamond set into a necklace as a surprise. He bought me red high heels for Christmas that I get compliments on every time I wear them. He actually likes to shop! But it's not the gifts that are the most important thing about Mark. It is the thought he puts into making sure you feel special. He thanks me for making dinner. (uh, isn't that my job?) He never makes me feel guilty about having fun while he is working. He brags about me and my accomplishments to other people. We have a lot of fun together and there is nobody I'd rather spend time talking and not talking* with. He's goofy, hilarious, smart, and he is the love of my life. My Mr. Darcy. *See "Best in Show"

5 comments:

Allison said...

Yaaaaaaaaay, Pappy!

Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest thing. What a wonderful man you have. I love that he shops for you. He has incredible taste - I've seen those shoes! Happy Birthday Mark!

PaloAltoCougar said...

For the record, I gave her the diamond only after she said she'd do it again.

Dawn said...

I am married to Wanda's only brother, and I can vouch for everything Wanda says about Mark. We just spent a week in England with them and I can attest to his unabashed adoration of his wife. How many men will announce in public, "I'm thankful every day to be married to someone as beautiful and young-looking as Wanda"? And he's not all slobbery when he says it. He's a man who doesn't feel diminished when shining a light on someone else. Yep, he's a keeper.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I LOVE this! You guys are adorable!