Thursday, April 16, 2009

Having Fun With My Grandchildren (and two of my daughters!)

For a combination birthday present for Sarah and Allison, I decided that it would be fun to fly Allison and Emaline to Sarah's house and fly myself there to join in the fun with my four darling grandchildren. I arrived Tuesday at the Denver airport just 20 minutes or so before Allison's and Emaline's flight arrived. After a joyous reunion, we met Sarah at the curb and with much hugging and cheering we were off to Sarah's house. One of the things I was excited about was a quilt I had made for Donovan's birthday, but hadn't finished it until just before I left home. He was so cute about it. He told me he loved it and has thanked me for a number of times since then. Here are some pictures:Here is the back side:I also embroidered the dinosaur on a shirt (from Target) for him. He really likes dinosaurs!
Last night after an early supper, we took the kids to the Rec Center for swimming. Ainsleigh, Donovan and Emaline enjoyed pushing Gemma around in her boat.Emaline relaxes in the waterPensive Donovan
Three cute kids waiting for the rest period to be over.

3 comments:

laura said...

Jealousssssss. And that quilt looks awesome! Perfect for D.

Lisa said...

So cute! And I love the quilt--plus, I got teary when I read what you embroidered--so sweet!

Pricky Angel said...

I am so excited about your new blog! You're AWESOME!

And looooove the quilt. When can I put in my order?