Saturday, April 4, 2009

I Can't Believe I'm Doing This

My kids blog. My nieces blog. I blog stalk. Until my 5th child was born, I kept journals... starting when I was in 6th grade. So I decided maybe it was time to start recording my life again. It won't be terribly interesting to anyone but myself, and I'm not even sure if *I* will find it interesting. My 6th grade journal consisted mainly of the friends I played with and the TV shows I watched. I'll try to do a little better this time around. Today Mark and I went out on our bicycles for our Saturday Ride. We are preparing for the Wine Country Century on May 2. It was a beautiful day and we rode 60 miles. A bit of a head wind going out, but that meant a tailwind coming back, so yea! for that. We rode out into Livermore, crossed under 580 onto Altamont Pass Road. When we were almost to Mountain House, we turned onto Patterson Pass Road which took us back up and over a steep climb into Livermore again. We were up by lots of windmills, the views were gorgeous and I could appreciate them when I wasn't gasping for breath. The hills are so green right now.... they look like green velvet. My total mileage this week: 150 miles. When we got home, the smell of a delicious pot roast in the crockpot greeted us. Sarah had mentioned making shredded beef enchiladas and I thought that sounded good, so I got a pot roast (chuck roast) from Costco, threw it in the crockpot with some onion soup mix and some salsa... maybe a little more than the 1 Cup Sarah suggested, added a little water and cooked it on high for 8 hours. After shredding it, I took 3 Cups of the meat, put it in a pot on the stove, stirred in 1 can of refried beans, a small can of chopped olives, and about 1 Cup (maybe more) of jack cheese. I cooked up some of the uncooked flour tortillas from Costco, rolled about 1/2 C of the meat/bean/olives/cheese mixture in each tortilla, put them in a 9 x 13 pan with some homemade enchilada sauce (thanks, again, Sarah) covering the bottom, topped with the rest of the enchilada sauce and some cheddar cheese. I covered it with foil and baked it for 45 minutes at 375. Delicious! And made chocolate chip cookies. And watched a session of conference we recorded earlier. Whew! I'm tired. And frustrated from trying to figure out how to post words and pictures in the same blog. I'd ask my kids, but they don't know I'm doing this blog yet and I was trying to surprise them with my cleverness. Guess that blew up in my face.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

(insert high screeching voice)Mooooooooooom! You are adorable! And just so you know, I would be very interested in hearing what friends you are playing with and which tv shows you're watching.

laura said...

YAAAAAAAY! You just continue to reinforce the fact that we have the cutest mom ever.

Afton said...

Ha! I love it! Welcome to the blogger world...it was only a matter of time! And thanks for sharing the recipe - Sounds delish! I have the cutest Aunt ever! :o)
BTW - it was greating seeing you. I look forward to the next time you come for a visit.

kris nielsen said...

Talk about being an inspiration! Blogging, biking, and baking. I want to be like Wanda!!

Allison said...

Yay moom YAY MOOM! I like your "about me"--I still haven't figured out what *I* do all day, so I'm excited to see what you do!

Katie Ross said...

The recipe made my stomach growl and I can't wait to make it. I'm excited to have another blog to peek in on. I am so impressed by all you do.