Thursday, April 16, 2009

I Survived Easter!

That may be somewhat over-dramatic, but hey, it makes me feel better. Saturday morning before Easter, I got up about 5:00 am to pull cinnamon rolls out of the refrigerator so that they could finish raising. I returned to bed for a few more hours of sleep. I am the choir director and we had a 9:00 am practice for our two musical numbers for Sacrament Meeting the next day and I had promised my choir warm homemade cinnamon rolls if they would please, please come to practice. They came and I was relieved... until that day I had had no sopranos and I was feeling desperate! After choir, Mark and I jumped on our bikes and rode 50 miles. We wanted to go a little farther, but we couldn't get off until 11:00, so time was a factor. Because of bad weather last week I only got in a total of 80 miles. Sunday was not all that relaxing. Since we had two choir numbers and two speakers, and I was one of the speakers, I was a bit stressed. After the sacrament, the choir sang the first number... I turned around and gave my talk.... and then turned around and led the second choir number. When I sat down, I must have visibly sighed in relief, because a few people mentioned it! But the choir sounded good and several people said some nice things about the music and my talk. I'm was just glad it was over with. Then I trotted off to Primary to teach my lesson. When I got home, I certainly enjoyed my nachos and a nap!

No comments: